Hello all Frogs and stealthy assassins, my name is Bocajs. I am a Croak player with around 1500 hours in BR.
Croak is a champ with high mobility, good health pool, and medium dmg.
He is a very easy champ to survive with, but actually doing impact on the game is where you often can improve and master him.
He is also a character a lot of people hate to be against, which makes it even more enjoyable to play :3
Blade flurry deals 8 dmg, fine to trade with vs all ranged and all healers. Ofc if you don’t have your stacks ready, then it can be troublesome to make it worth.
-M2 Toxin Muck deals 6 dmg, and heals 6. Over 5 sec both numbers raises with 8. ALSO it gives 5% energy per target hit. Which is quiet a lot for a spell that is somewhat easy to hit, AND is 100% safe. Because it cant trigger counters.
So we got Dmg, heal, energy, with rites even a slow. What more can we wish for here.
– Ex M2 Sludge spit deals 10 dmg. And again 8 more dmg, and 8 heals, AND the blind of cause.
It is pretty useful in situations where you know a ranged will shoot at you, and you don’t got any CD ready like space, E or Q to get away.
However, this Ex M2 is not always better. Since you can trigger counters, and for oppenents like shifu, or freya. I would much rather use the regular, and get extra HP.
-Space Frog Leap This is in my opponion the best dmg source. since 20dmg 2x is quite a lot. However, keep in mind that the second jump is easy to predict, for counters or characters that need to charge an ability.
Also, this is the ability you use most of the time to reset your 4 basic attacks. So keep in mind that this ability is where almost all your dmg is.
-Q Camouflage. This is where Croak gets really fun. You get 3 seconds of stealth, and they get 1 sec stun. Keep in mind that the attack speed is slower here than a regular attack, try to make it a habit to be ready on the cancel button if you see the enemy is popping an escape.
This ability has the very important job to make the enemy pop the defensive CD’s. So try to make the EYE flash red on all your oppenents.
-Ex Q Deceit, It is extremely strong if you play with a team where you can charge snipes, and ashka Q, oldur E etc… However this abillity is very risky, due to you are reducing your stealth duration to 2,5.. Small tip, remember if you cant hit an opponent and the deceit is already used, you can hit the orb and still enter the camouflage.
The deceit incap last 3 seconds, u can often incap a healer, and try to deal dmg to the rest of his team. If the other teammates escapes, you can often walk back and stun the healer and get some dmg done.
-E Noxious Lunge, it is a pretty weak ability. You dash forward, and deal 12 dmg. Often you can use this like a gapcloser, but its also pretty good at escaping. However, it doesn’t have an iframe. So you might wanna be in good time for hugh spells like Alysia ult etc.
-R Toxin Blades. Here I think we have the most useless ability in maybe the whole game. But of cause now that you wanna play Croak, you have to use everything you got. The situations I like this ability is when I know that I am going to land a Q, this way you get some small extra dmg, and also some health.
I also use it sometimes if I can see all the oppenents are close, then make sure to attack least once on all of them.
-F Venom Wind, is a very weird ultimate. You charge a long distance, and apply venom to all the oppenents you gone through. It damages 18 over 2 sec, and after that 38! As AoE! (area of effect)
The fact that it is AoE makes this the most insane ultimate, in theory. If all 3 enemy were stacked… The AoE also does dmg to the orb, so if you see a venom infected champ beside the orb, simply m2 and space it. = free orb.
3. Battlerite Overview
The Q rite is to extend the duration of stealth, so you can scare more CD’s from the enemy. Also this way you can bait out counters easier, and wait them out. Same goes for poloma fears.
5. How to Play (in general)
– Always land spaces, high burst small risk.
– Always count counters and iframes. And remember that iframes are the only way to dodge ult.
And count “iFrame-givers”. Poloma’s other side, Zander’s portal mostly.
6. Strengths and Weaknesses
Low consistent dmg
Easy to survive with
THE EYE. Watch out for aoe.
No protecting ability for the teammates.
– Freya = Trades are impossible. = poke with mb2 to slow, not proccing counter, get HP back, and more energy to kill the other opponents…
– Shifu = Trades are impossible. = poke with mb2 to slow, not proccing counter, get HP back, and more energy to kill the other opponents…
– Lucie, her Q will destroy yours. In a lot of ways… often she saves Q for you only. Solely for the purpose to cleanse the stun or incap away. Or removing the stealth from you even before hitting. No matter what, you gonna lose that deal…
– Oldur is a pretty safe target to focus, he often can’t trade very good vs croak. And will most likely just run. Remember you can Cleanse oldur’s petrify (R), by using Camouflage fast after being hit.
– Jumong is a good target to focus early just in general. And as a Croak you can get into him pretty often and easy. Try to focus on not having him landing 3 basic attacks, if he uses space without being able to do 2x space, he only got the R left. AND you can again, cleanse his seekers mark which he applies to you when touching you in prowl. This is worth to cleanse, cos then he will get no heal when hitting you.
8. Team Compositions
– As Croak it’s a good thing not to have a basic attack healer, often you are behind the enemy and its hard to land mb1 ones on you.
– You wanna have some “setup” team often. Like Oldur E, and Ashka Q/Jade Mb2.
9. Final Words
I guess it could be important to say that Croak is stronger in a constructed team, rather than solo queue. But he, and every character is doable if mastered. If you have any changes, tips, criticism, questions. You can follow me on Twitch, and feel free to ask your questions in my live streams Twitch.tv/BocajsTv