1. Ignoring the Orb (Don’t!).
- New players are usually ignoring the orbs, we all use to ignore the orbs at one point.
- Never ignore the orbs whether it’s the tiny health orbs or the death orbs.
A lot of people don’t know this but death orbs also give’s HP and not only energy so try to pick them up even if you have full energy.
- A lot of newbies also tend to ignore the middle orb whether is intentional or not. Middle orb is very important and shall be taken if enemies leave mid.
- Some people might find energy orbs unnecessary, but they could be very important for your EX abilities.
2. Not using EX abilities (Use them!).
- Including myself, we all use to forget about EX abilities to save up for ultimate. Depending on the situation you’re in EX abilities could be more important than ultimate. Keep that in mind.
- Using EX abilities could change the outcome of the game. So practice with your characters EX abilities, and never leave them behind.
3. Leaving mid or leaving your teammate behind (Don’t!).
- Never leave your teammate behind and play 1v2 whether it’s you or your teammate that is playing 1v2. You’re just going to lose faster that way.
- Leaving mid could result in enemies getting a free orb. So make sure to stay mid unless your teammate decides to play alone 1v2 outside of mid. Then you better go help him.
4. Playing with default Battlerites (Don’t!).
- Playing with default Battlerites is not the best thing to do. Obviously, I get that some people want to just try out a champion and are too lazy to bother with Battlerites.
But looking up the best build for your champion is probably the best thing to do. Visit champion guides
And learning to make use of them.
5. Blaming your teammate (Don’t!).
- Blaming your teammate is a common thing among low elo players. Everyone has done it at some point.
But instead of blaming your teammates find a way to adjust to them. Play with them and carry them. May not be the easiest thing to do but it’s your only option if your teammate is performing badly. If you wanna win that is.
6. Being toxic or tilting (Don’t!).
- It could be very frustrating to lose a game especially losing a 2-3 ranked game or maybe even losing to salty enemies. But staying calm is probably the best way to win.
It’s very easy to tilt, being close to ranking up or even losing a rank could be very frustrating and result in tilting. If that happens, calm yourself.
Listen to music or even take a break from the game and come back later if necessary. Because tilting will only result in losing more games. And we don’t want that.
Being toxic could get you banned from the game as well.
7. Don’t hit counters (Just don’t!)
- Hitting counters is a very common and easy mistake. It even happens to pro players. So try to avoid to hit counters.
- Bait out the counters even if necessary.
- Hitting counters could result in you or your teammate dying. Or it will give you a slight disadvantage.
8. Use interrupt (Use them!)
- Using interrupt is very important. It’s bound to C by default but I recommend you to rebind it to an easier key, such as mouse side buttons etc.
- You could easily bait someone’s counter by interrupting your abilities, depends on who you’re playing of course.
- It’s also good to interrupt your counters if the enemies decide to ignore you and go for your teammate. Wasting time by waiting out the counter could result in your teammate taking heavy damage.
9. Don’t get too cocky (Really, don’t)
- It’s easy to get too cocky, by having twice as much score as your teammate. Or even be close to winning such as 2-0.
But that could easily be turned around because you lost focus by getting too cocky. Having 2-0 doesn’t mean you’ve won.
They could easily make a comeback and win 2-3. So stay focused even if it seems like an easy win.
- Some people also get too cocky by having more score than someone. Score doesn’t really matter, you can easily get a high score but still play bad and lose the round.
- Don’t look at other people’s mistakes, look at your own. Focus on yourself and what you’re doing wrong.
10. Wasting your escape abilities (Once again, don’t!)
- It’s easy to get baited into using your escape abilities. Some champions only have 1 escape ability or even none.
So be careful of how you’re using your escapes, study your enemies movements and look for the right moment to use them.
- Wasting your escapes could easily result in death and losing the round. Especially for someone such as Lucie, or Pearl.
Don’t criticize someone for their flaws and mistakes, when you can’t even see your own.